[Openicc] Linux CM ideology, was: meta data in test chart

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Feb 1 20:11:04 PST 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> But I guess that wouldn't work either, since the simple workaround
> is to switch the monitor to sRGB emulation mode :-(

Another factor is that those in a position to make a difference probably would not visually recognize good prints from bad. Every year I get a new batch of masters photography students and pretty much all of them have a marginal (better than average maybe) idea of what makes for a good print, and recognize the difference between something for a t-shirt vs a fine art gallery quality print. That is not to say everyone needs or wants fine art prints. But, if you can't recognize the difference, you won't realize there's a problem to be solved.