[Openicc] Is CUPS the right place for printer color management...

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 17:05:55 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2011, at 4:36 PM, edmund ronald wrote:
>
> I don't think you have to worry about it all that much. If it were to happen, it would be accidental and it would get fixed. On Mac OS X, it's not accidental, it's by design. So there you go.
>
> Chris

Ok, then as long as you don't foobar upstream like Apple did, you can
count on Gutenprint providing decent profilable printing and with a
bit of extra effort decent consumer printing. By the time you get your
act together, we'll have ours together. There you go.

Edmund

PS. I don't say ICC workflows are evil, I say that they were designed
in a way that needs system-wide coordination or a skillful user to
make them work.