[Openicc] CUPS Color Management under Linux gets into distros

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 12:33:27 PST 2011

Hi :)

Exciting news to hear about the new CM CUPS filter.

On 08/02/11 20:25, Hal V. Engel wrote:

> This appears to be unchanged since 2009.  So it appears
> that poppler currently always does relative colormetric intent regardless of what intents
> in coded into the PDF file for it's objects.  I can live with this for initial testing of the
> workflow but it does need to be fixed before this is considered production.

It does need fixing properly, but in the meantime, for testing, (and at
least for the Natty release) can you get it changed to Perceptual, or at
least RelCol + BPC?  It'd be a real shame for the first CM-capable
distro-provided print system to have a hard-coded intent that will clip
shadow detail on most printers.

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson