[Openicc] CUPS Color Management under Linux gets into distros

Hal V. Engel hvengel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:57:15 PST 2011

On Wednesday, February 09, 2011 09:08:41 AM Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> The Ghent Workgroup's Output Suite has a nice one.  Here you go.
>
> Leonard

Poppler with or without the recent rendering intent patch does not render this
or the Altona test files correctly.

I now have GhostScript 9.00 installed on my system and I tested the Ghent
rendering intent PDF and it also does not render it correctly either.  The
other two Ghent CM tests (over print and source profile) do work correctly.
Poppler also passes these two tests.

Could this be an issue with LCMS not correctly doing rendering intents?  I
have tested the new RI poppler patches and added extra debug output so I can
see what it is doing.  It is picking up the RI values from the PDF files and it
is passing these through to LCMS when it creates the transform.  Yet the
output appears to not have RI applied correctly.  Since both GS9 and a patched
poppler fail this test could indicated that this is a CMS issue but I am not
sure how I would go about isolating this.

Hal