[Openicc] Funding for CPD from the Color Management side?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:52:29 PST 2011

Hi,

in the last days there was a lot of discussion with Color Management and
printing under Linux. For controlling the CM process and preparing the
PDF generated by the application for being sent to CUPS it was always
talked about the Common Printing Dialog (CPD). Unfortunately, the
development of the dialog is progressing only very slowly, as we do not
find volunteers working on it nor enough funds to pay people to complete it.

Now I would like to know whether on the side of the color managament
experts there are contacts to potential sponsors. Is the color
management work for Linux somehow sponsored? Would there be
possibilities to sponsor additional, color-management-related projects?

Any help is appreciated.

    Till