[Openicc] CUPS Color Management under Linux... (what is to do ?)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 23:21:13 PST 2011

Am 18.02.11, 06:23 +0100 schrieb edmund ronald:
> You know guys, Color Management would have a much better chance of
> working if the models were clear and simple. Complex models guarantee
> nobody apart from you guys understand the issues, and guarantee that
> many implementations will be broken.

You want simply DeviceRGB in a PDF and nothing else. Others will
interprete this as sRGB and colour convert for you. Do it. Make sure your
input is converted to sRGB before placing into PDF.
Warning:
Do not try to add DeviceN, OutputIntents or other advanced colour elements
in PDF without understaning their implications.

After we have found a good path to settle, we can provide clear
recommendations for implementations and handling colour for printing.
Parts of that can already be seen by the careful reader. But we
have to figure out some more details I guess.

PS: and personally I like the following sentence:
     “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”