[Openicc] colord Printing Plans

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:51:53 PST 2011

Looks nice, but there is one question:

What happens if the application from which the job is sent and the
printer are not on the same machine or not even on the same local
network. CUPS has all capabilities for networked printing, even through
the internet. Does this mechanism also work in such a situation? Is it
really needed to have an extra daemon? Is it not possible to do
everything with CUPS (perhaps with patches to CUPS)?

Do have made the code of pdftoraster and pstoraster available somewhere?
pstoraster is perhaps even not needed as due to the nature of
Ghostscript accepting both PDF and PostScript as input probably
pdftoraster also accepts PostScript and does the right thing with it.

About Foomatic, you do not need to be an expert in Perl. Programming
languages are not that different. In case of questions simply ask me.
And the part which is probably the most important for you, foomatic-rip,
is already converted to C from version 4.0.0 on.

    Till