[Openicc] colord Printing Plans

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Feb 25 01:36:40 PST 2011

Unless the PPD for the printer says otherwise for ICC based color management, I don't see how we can second guess this and not submit /DeviceRGB untouched to PostScript printers if the application is spitting out /DeviceRGB PostScript. They have built-in CSAs and CRD's that will assume sRGB and convert to an internal CMYK space as the manufacturer designed it. If the results are nasty, well, it's the manufacturer's fault.

Chris