[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Sat Feb 26 13:38:52 PST 2011

Hello Richard,
Would following workflow possible with colord:

- driver setting (e.g. Gutenprint, Turboprint or future printer vemdor
drivers) have explicit settings with assigned profiles
- These driver settings are e.g. presented through CPD to the enduser
- If the user chooses a driver setting in CPD, the assigned profile for
the driver setting is communicated to colord
- colord will configure the driver profile in p*toraster

If the driver settings with assigned profiles could be imported in the
driver, it would be possible to install automatically the correct
standard profiles through importing the driver setting.
Also the configuration of the printer profile in p*toraster would be
fully automatically by choosing a driver setting in CPD or another UI
for the driver.

---
Rendering Intents in colord:
Any plans, that colord can handle rendering intents (including relatice
colorimetric with blackpoint compensation)

Question to Robert Krawitz
- could you imagine to support such a workflow by telling colord which
profile is valid for a current Gutenprint setting ?

Best regards
Jan-Peter