[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 14:05:48 PST 2011

Hi,

On 27/02/11 21:28, Richard Hughes wrote:

> I'm not sure the user wants to interact with the ICC profile in this
> way. It should magically work without the user choosing a profile for
> a specific paper type.

You can't detect in software which type of paper is loaded in my
printer.  I have several types of glossy paper and a couple of satins,
and I tend to use identical print settings between them - yet they
require distinct profiles.  User-intervention of some kind is required
in that situation.

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson