[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon Feb 28 06:32:34 PST 2011

Hello Richard (and all others who may are competent to answer...)

Richards answers are seeming not be constent to me, either:
- updated settings and assigned profiles need updating of the PPD, or
- The PPD is used for static parameters only. Driver settings and
profiles are handled beside the PPD

Could you please describe the use cases

- importing new settings in the printer driver with assigned / bundled profiles,
- printing a testchart from a standard application with deactivated profiles in p*toraster
- creating own profile for a given setting.
- creatings own setting an then doing own profiling
- or installing a profile provided from a profiling service for a given
setting

espcially:
- where is the place to assign a profile to a driver setting ?
- how is the driver setting presented in the printing UI
- After the user chooses his setting in the printing UI, how does colord know, which profile is valid for the setting ?

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------

homann colormanagement --------- fon +49 30 611 075 18
Jan-Peter Homann ------------ mobile +49 171 54 70 358