[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint role of PPD

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:59:45 PST 2011

Kai Uwe,

 At this point with all this discussion of complexities, I am giving
up hope that you people will ever be able to design a system which is
actually capable of printing even an sRGB file decently. Can't you get
it? 99% of files out there are simple Jpeg photographs in sRGB and
THEY NEED TO BE PRINTED.

 What might really advance our discussion here is a flow chart of CUPS
- anyone got one? Showing how files are dispatched and filters
invoked?

 And a decision to declare some basic file types which the print
system may wish to special case, eg. the various profiling targets and
"special" sRGB for when the system is just a skeleton.

Edmund