[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint role of PPD

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 05:16:00 PST 2011

This is what I'm using: http://colord.hughsie.com/img/cups-plan.png

>  And a decision to declare some basic file types which the print
> system may wish to special case, eg. the various profiling targets and
> "special" sRGB for when the system is just a skeleton.

I've already integrated colord into ghostscript, I've just sent a
patch to foomatic-rip and I'm just finishing off a patch that I'm
aiming to send to CUPS upstream this week.

In about a months time, everything should be committed to allow simple
device to profile mapping for all printers and we can start working
out how to do the difficult stuff like calibration and remote print
queues.

It's really looking a lot less depressing from my point of view.

Richard.