[Openicc] colord Printing Plans GhostScript

Michael Vrhel michael.vrhel at artifex.com
Tue Mar 1 22:04:30 PST 2011

Gerhard,

You are correct. Doing what you describe is not easy and is fraught with
problems.   Hence it only occurs when someone has been careful to specify to
ghostscript the same profile to use for the DefaultCMYK input space as is
used for the CMYK printer that you are going to.  For this simple case, the
profiles are identical and that is easy to detect through proper hashing
methods.  The data is then passed along unmolested.   In a situation where
someone has some funky CSA in a PS file and if it is colorimetrically
equivalent to a device profile, that is not going to be detected and it will
go through the mapping.  Hopefully if will be close to identity and there
will not be any issues in those situations but we all know how that can turn
out.

Michael