[Openicc] Printing Plans GhostScript

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Mar 2 12:25:30 PST 2011

On Mar 2, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Am 02.03.11, 10:53 -0700 schrieb Chris Murphy:

>>> agreed
>>>
>>> Please let me correct my sentence:
>>> A DeviceRGB + OutputIntent sent to a RGB device should not be changed
>>> automatical IMO.
>>>
>>> And sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> OK well, what about PostScript which doesn't have OutputIntent?
>
> pstopdf? and than its PDF.

Yes but once it's at pstopdf it's already separated from the application and the CPD, there's no way to know/communicate what the user intention is: /Device = sRGB, or /Device = /Device.

For PDF that outputintent is inserted by either the application or CPD or whatever writes the PDF in the first place, well before it gets to pdftopdf or pdftoraster. Once CUPS has it, the intention needs to be communicated in the file.

Chris