[Openicc] Printing Plans GhostScript / sRGB / ICC

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Mar 2 12:28:05 PST 2011

This can be done with CUPS PDF's job ticket info which is integrated in the PDF spool. I don't know how this is done for PostScript. But in any event, the job ticket info is really for CUPS. Not for downstream. So if it's communicated to CUPS, then it seems we need a pdftopdf to extract the job ticket info and form a proper PDF that communicates intent to Ghostscript (or whatever).

Asking Ghostscript to honor platform specific job ticket info, I think, will cause problems. These documents really need to be self defining, and make it easy to produce documentation for so people know how this stuff works. Simplification is very important here.

Chris