[Openicc] Printing Plans GhostScript / sRGB / ICC

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 02:21:30 PST 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Users who want to screw shit up on the backend, which has no way of informing upstream what the new printer behavior is, without any profiles that describe that new behavior, have NO REAL DESIRE to get consistent color.
>
> I will tell you how designers think when it comes to devices like this. They talk nonsense all the time, such as "I want it to be color accurate to a printing press. I want the printer to print black only text." These instructions are in conflict. I don't believe in giving them the option to do inane things. If they choose "color accurate" as an intention somewhere upstream - take away all of the razor blades downstream.
>

> Chris Murphy

Amen.

I think we will need to make some functional prototypes of the base
workflows and see how pieces fit together to verify that information
about printers profiles media intents etc is being passed upstream and
downstream properly, and also create some dialogs that will initially
allow users to shave  without cutting their own throats :)

Edmund