[Openicc] Helping with colord

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue Mar 8 18:54:39 PST 2011

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> I wonder if you are up to date regarding modern desktops. Both KDE and
> GNOME rely on SQL because of the thing called semantic desktop (not
> mentioning music players shipped by default), and sqlite is available
> in virtually any Linux distribution whose developer isn't some sort of
> geek who needs only console and ratposion-like WM configured via text
> files in nano.

So what ? That doesn't mean a database is or is not the right answer for this
particular requirement. It's a relatively simple list of devices and
profile associations. Just because "semantic desktop" sounds cool,
it doesn't mean the technology should be uncritically applied to everything.

> How about following your own advices then? You overreact to every
> single statement I make as if I was some sort of enemy.

You are attacking, so it's hardly a surprise that there is reaction.