[Openicc] Helping with colord

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Mar 9 01:41:48 PST 2011

I understand users, workflow, good and bad things with existing implementations, certain really specific aspects of the technologies involved, and color science. That's not enough for an architect to create a new system, or even a system. But definitely not the general contractor. There's probably a role for me to play but unlikely those two.

I could say, "we need a door here and a window here" and have no idea how to frame a door or window, let alone anything about foundations. That's what architects do, even if they often don't care exactly where you put the window, they will design a window on a ceiling if you ask for it. I can't do that. It's someone else's role.

We need a spec, or standard. And Graeme's point on how profile and device associations are determined, stored, and exchanged. That sort of thing scan be hashed around for a long time but at a certain point we need some formal debates by the proponents and straw polls, and then make some clear choices and move forward with designing from that choice so that building can start.

Chris