[Openicc] Helping with colord

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:05:34 PST 2011

On 3/9/11, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

>>> My personal impression is you act upon a maxim alike:
>>> "Alexandre is infallible and always right."
>>
>> I act upon a maxim "How about you make an effort to see things the way
>> users see them?". It must be quite nice -- meditating on top of a
>> color management mountain. But every once in a while you still need a
>> bowl of rice and tea with yak butter. That means dealing with mere
>> mortals, and it isn't so difficult -- I assure you :)
>
> Its assumedly a cultural problem. Still not helpful to me, if that was
> intented.

I don't see this as cultural issue, rather subcultural and social.
Developers and users don't often speak the same language. My job is
often being the man in the middle, and refusal of developers to
understand how users see things is nothing new. Unfortunately.

>>> I am not a member of the CinePaint team. I am not part of the official
>>> project. Please refere to their web site, mailing lists and usual places.
>>
>> Ah, finally we got to the bottom of that. Thank you.
>
> You mentioned here on list to have read the according thread on the
> cinepaint-devel list. So I expected you to be aware of the situation since
> more than two years ago.

Yes, I was aware of the situation, but mistakingly took shipping of
unreleased Cinepaint at susestudio as a sign of your return. That
doesn't make Cinepaint situation less grave, but apologize from me is
due anyway and here they are.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org