[Openicc] ISO - Open vs. Free (was Linux CM ideology)

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Wed Apr 27 14:29:14 PDT 2011

On Monday, February 14, 2011, 5:58:19 PM, Chris wrote:

CM> On Feb 12, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Chris Lilley wrote:
>> That is incorrect; the section on gamma for various operating systems was removed from the spec, due to your (and other's) comments.

CM> While the W3C website is like wading through
CM> quicksand, after 20 minutes of looking around I see in the current
CM> 2.1 working draft (which is also last call status?) the gamma
CM> section is in green, and considered a non-normative note. I guess that means removed.

That wasn't really removed enough, I agree; so I got the issue re-discussed in the CSS WG and now it has indeed been removed (i.e. not just labelled as non-normative, but deleted).

The recently published Proposed Recommendation of CSS 2.1 does not contain this misleading gamma stuff at all, now.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/PR-CSS2-20110412/

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG