[Openicc] Google Summer of Code 2011: The Common Printing Dialog and Color Management

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:24:28 PDT 2011

Hi Joseph,

Congratulations for the acceptance of your proposal for the Google
Summer of Code 2011.

I am Till Kamppeter, leader of the OpenPrinting project.

Perhaps you have already heard that at OpenPrinting we are stuck with
the work on the Common Printing Dialog due to lack of funding. So your
work will perhaps be rather made use of for already existing printing
dialogs. But anyway, I recommend using the design originally suggested
for the Common Printing Dialog, as described here:

http://wiki.openusability.org/wiki/printing/index.php/Photo_printers_parameter_specifications#Color_Management_and_the_CPD

Once, this makes it easier to get your code into the CPD later and also
it is a design worked out by UI experts from OpenUsability.

See also

http://www.openprinting.org/
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/commonprintingdialog

In case of questions regarding UI design you can also use the
#openprinting IRC channel on irc.linuxfoundation.org and get in contact
with Peter Sikking ("guiguru") or you mail him: peter at mmiworks dot net.

All the best for your work this summer.

    Till