[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and Color Management

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon May 2 07:58:41 PDT 2011

Hello all,
I don´t understand why a PPD should be involved to communivate
gutenprint settings to the final rastertoprinter driver.

If the gutenprint settings are encoded as dictType in the ICC-profile in
the printready raster file, there is no need to involve the PPD.

But there is the open question, how the enduser, who prints a profiling
target can export the gutenprint settings for later integration in the
ICC dictType

As a non-developer, I would wish, that we would have a gutenprint
specific CPD option which has a button "Export driver settings"

Robert and Till;
What would be necessary to create such a CPD Option for rastertogutenprint ?

best regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------