[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and Color Management

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:45:10 PDT 2011

The EULA issues for profiles from most closed-source companies essentially
bar distribution with Gutenprint or any Linux distribution.

Argyll has no EULA issues and makes decent RGB profiles, which makes it the
software of choice, and widespread use of profiles for Gutenprint under
Linux  should give it a huge boost, similar to that received by GCC back
when Linux came on the scene.

Anyway, I don't expect any major issues with profiling, anyway, because we
will simply use huge targets eg. Atkinson 6000 patch on XY scanning spectros
from Xrite and Barbieri to create the profiles for the most common papers.
With those huge patchsets the profiles tend to be good whatever the software
that makes them :)

Edmund