[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu May 5 12:02:02 PDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 12:47 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

> Well, as long as you put a nice GUI around it, I will be delighted to use it.
>
> And if you don't, I'm sure you will find someone else to run the necessary profiles.

If no one will produce or maintain a GUI app (or in the CPD, or any other means of opting out), then that is disqualifying for an opt-out paradigm of color management. It's a major reason why I'm irritated as balls with Apple. Their f'n sand box, and they've put cat turds in it. It's their tort to supply a functional means of printing profile targets, not punt and effectively compel Adobe to become responsible for Apple's choices.

This is why the question of opt-out vs opt-in is rather important because from that choice numerous consequences depend.