[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: opensource and ICC licenses

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Fri May 6 08:18:27 PDT 2011

Hello all,
Based on this proposal, we should also have a a look at Creative Commons
CC-licenses:
http://creativecommons.org/

Creatice Commons are used for all forms of digital content (e.g. images,
texts, wensites, PDFs, videos, audio, fonts etc.) where the author wants
to control what is allowed to do with digital file and what not.

CC-Licenses have three layers:
- machine readable
- human readable
- legal code

see also:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

I would recommend to use the ICC copyright tag to include the approbiate
CC licence directly into the ICC-profile.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

----------  Please note the new adress --------------

homann colormanagement --------- fon +49 30 611 075 18