[Openicc] Color Management in Ubuntu: Session on Ubuntu Developer Summit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:48:07 PDT 2011

On 10 May 2011 11:25, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once I would like to have a link to a site where I can see how color
> management is structured in Red Hat Linux, so that we can discuss whether to
> do it in the same way on Ubuntu.

Well, there's no such thing as Red Hat Linux anymore :-) The
architecture we've put into Fedora 16 is basically:

* colord 0.1.7
* gnome-color-manager 3.1.1
* cups with colord patch
* foomatic from a snapshot for the colord support

In Fedora 15 we've got colord, although the printing bits are not in
yet, and hopefully will be backported post-release.

I guess the best thing we've got to an architecture plan is on
http://colord.hughsie.com/specifics.html

> In addition, you are invited to participate in the session remotely.
> Please see
> http://uds.ubuntu.com/participate/remote/
> for instructions.

That could be cool. I'm at the Libre Graphics Meeting today (I'm
giving a talk on colord this morning).

Once I've seen the final schedule for Thursday I can hopefully sneak
out of LGM early and dial in.

Richard.