[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Wed May 11 16:37:55 PDT 2011

Richard Hughes wrote:
> wanted. I really don't think we want to let the user to manually
> select a printer profile in any UI for the same reasons as I recently
> wrote to this mailing list.

This would seem to lead to a frustrating situation where there
is poor visibility over what's going on (ie. what profile is
being used), and no means to experiment, diagnose or correct it
if it's not working as expected.

Yes "things should just work", but these are computer systems,
and this is color management, so ease of problem diagnosis is
actually really important.