[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:55:12 PDT 2011

Mike,

 Ok, this is a precise, documented workaround. I will go out and check
whether it works when printing to a remote CUPS queue that is a Gutenprint
instance.

 What I found out with a lot of pain was that this workaround wasn't working
*for me* with CS5 when it came out; what took me very longer to figure out
and confirm was that it wasn't working because of a bug *specific to
Photoshop CS5* that meant that the *first print of a session* made with
Photoshop CS5 was often bad, and the first print of a profiling session *in
my workflow* was usually the target :(  . Even worse, any prints made from
then on would be correct, so that comparison test prints made from then on
in that session would be consistent with previous tests.

 Reminds me of a guy getting repeat poisoned by his first drink of water in
the morning from a lead tainted water-tap which would be completely
inoffensive in regular use!

Edmund