[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri May 13 16:00:55 PDT 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 4:04 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

> I agree - the distro needs to provide a reference app that can print targets, and that can print them anywhere on the page the user wants.
>
> According to Mike - and he should know- Preview should be able to print targets on the Mac with sRGB/sRGB.

Yes but I'd like to see a separate app do this (or an advanced feature enabled in Preview that's effective until next launch or something) explicitly where all Color Matching print dialog panels are grayed out, and the proper ICC profiling mode recommended by the manufacturer for their driver is automatically set correctly.

This behavior is a feature of the existing kPMApplicationColorMatching SPI on Mac OS.