[Openicc] wine

Peter Linnell plinnell at scribus.net
Sat May 14 14:21:06 PDT 2011

On 5/14/11 5:03 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 14 May 2011 16:03, Chris Murphy<lists at colorremedies.com>  wrote:
>> Speaking of wine, is there a passthrough from colord to wine, and wine to
>> apps, so that Photoshop/Lightroom are able to grab and use the currently set
>> display profile?
>
> I'm not sure how such a thing would work, but we probably ought to be
> teaching wine about the current screen profile somehow.
> The alternative is just to get get wine to opt into the xregion
> composting manager correction functionality. Other ideas welcome.
>
> Richard.

Wine printing from my recollection was well "interesting".

http://wiki.winehq.org/Printing has more info and status of the bits.

Quite a while back I was able to run Corel Photo with color management
somewhat running in that it could use some monitor profiles, but they
were not standard ICC profiles. So this suggests there is some
possibillity to correct the display. I do remember being able to display
out of print gamut within Corel Photo as well.

Cheers,
Peter