[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing (Michael Sweet)

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:26:29 PDT 2011

Facade is a design pattern in software :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facade_pattern

Maybe that facade is exactly what is needed:

 - if upstream CM is present in an app, it will be enabled also in the
target printed in that app, yielding a good profiled print *from that app
alone*

 - I do understand that this is ugly, but sometimes a facade can ensure a
consistent user experience. In this particular case, a profile would simply
be registered as valid for this app rather than system wide, and everything
would be ok.

 -so here the facade would be the profile association server which would be
smart enough to associate profiles on an app by app basis in some case.

Edmund