[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing (Michael Sweet)

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Sat May 14 18:38:08 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>wrote:

> On May 14, 2011, at 6:26 PM, edmund ronald wrote:
>
> Facade is a design pattern in software :)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facade_pattern
>
> The figurative meaning is to conceal a less credible reality. An "off
> switch" in the print dialog conceals the fact the content may have been
> converted elsewhere, and therefore the printed test chart is in fact
> invalid, but is presented by the UI as implicitly valid.
>
> Well, maybe present-day color what we need deserves to be called a Potemkin
Village rather than a Facade :) . Upstream or downstream ugliness is
something we all live with, as everything seems to have layer after layer of
calibration these days, some of it in firmware, but as long as it is
invariant between calls to the print or display system we don't really care
do we?

Edmund