[Openicc] Google Summer of Code 2011: The Common Printing Dialog and Color Management

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Sun May 15 22:09:36 PDT 2011

Hal V. Engel wrote:

> B. There is significant disagreement over how to handle target printing that
> appears to break down into two approaches.
>
> Use a specialized app.  A slight variation on this would be to approach one of

> C. The other option is to put controls in the print UI for target printing.
> This might be OK as a stop gap pending creating a specialized app.

You are missing the third alternative, which is to tag
the test files.

I've done a rough draft of such an approach, and put it here:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/SCPS_Tag.txt> if you are interested.

[We used this approach very successfully on the ColorBus RIP]

This approach does not exclude others. An application could have
an option to add this tag, or a printer configuration or print
dialog could have an option of adding or overriding the tag.