[Openicc] Printing targets: App or driver ?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:45:38 PDT 2011

On 16 May 2011 04:10, Jan-Peter Homann <homann at colormanagement.de> wrote:
> - Would this suggestion work with current g-c-m / colord architecture ?

Well, I suppose anything is possible, and could certainly work with
colord. On a high level perspective, I don't really want the CPD to be
a dependency of colord to get color managed printing as I think it can
and should be done in native toolkit code without the additional dep.
That said, I'm not going to tell you that calling into colord from the
CPD is a bad idea.

Richard.