[Openicc] cupsICC on remote CUPS servers Part 2

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue May 24 04:41:28 PDT 2011

Hello list, hello edmund,
So far what I have learned about CUPS through this list, I think an
process of updating the color entries of a sever side PPD about
installed profiles and driver settings is way, how a communication
between server and client could be realized.

Also prinrer profiles should include cupsICC specifiers and driver
settings as metada.

the driver settings meta-data make scure, that profile and driver
settings are always synchronized.
The cupsICC qualifiers (printer, media, resolution) will be integrated
in the PPD wich will be used from the client.

CPD will parse the PPD and present the user the settings for media and
resolution, which are installed on the server.

The user makes his selction through CPD and the cupsICC qualifiers are
selecting the printer profile for pdftoraster. Rastertogutenprint reads
the driver settings from the printer profile for printing with the right
setting.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

----------  Please note the new adress --------------