[Openicc] _ICC_PROFILE in reality

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu May 26 17:09:16 PDT 2011

On May 26, 2011, at 6:02 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme at argyllcms.com> wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
>> Multiple display support has always stunk on both Mac OS and
>> Windows when it comes to
>> color management. It stinks worse (not usable) with laptops in a
>> mirroring
>> configuration with a projector: you choose whether the laptop or
>> the projector look
>> like snot.
>
> Support stinks, or the application use of it stinks ?
>
> I would suspect it's the latter.

I just expect the OS to handle it. The problem with apps having to do
something special to make it work is that so few developers do.

Apples own apps have only recently started to do color management for
one display let alone two. So the dual support for dual displays at OS
level appears to be tricky or not there until Snow Leopard. And in
Snow Leopard the results are not elegant or particulaly good Ux.