[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management ... driver setup PPD

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue May 31 13:13:47 PDT 2011

Hello Richard and all,
Is it correct, that you are using the cupsICC qualifier specified in the
PPD of the printer, for doing the described match of printer profile and
driver setting ?

this leads for me for more questions:

- Is it possible to prepare a printer profile, that it will
automatically match the corrects cupsICC qualifiers for a given printer ?

- you you please describe step by step the enduser perspective, how a
printer profile is configured in g-c-m, colord to match the cupsICC
qualifiers for a given PPD ?

(Or is it needed to prepare the PPD in advance, so that the the match of
cupsICC qualifiers is encoded into the PPD ?)

If the workflow needs a prepared PPD, does this implicite, that a static
PPD and printer profiles are one package, which has to be installed by
the user ?

Rendering Intents:
How do you handle the rendering intent from target colorspace (e.g.
sRGB) to the printer profile, if the PDF spool file is DeviceRGB ?

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------