[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management in a distro?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:44:36 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

>> Because nobody is asking for a free CMM on those platforms. There's
>> simply no need.
>
> lcms is since quite some time a free and very widely used CMM on all major
> platforms.

And that means exactly what? :)

LCMS has its use on both Windows and Mac. I know at least one case of
commercial use of LCMS in an in-house project here in Moscow. That
doesn't mean that LCMS is suddenly wanted by Photosop users as
ColorSync or WCS replacement. Like I said, it's a workflow thing. It's
about production going non-stop.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org