[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management ... driver setup PPD

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 02:41:38 PDT 2011

On 06/01/2011 10:38 AM, Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> Hello to all,
> Some comments at the end.
>
> Michael Vrhel:
> Could you please comment, if GhostScript is able to embedd the target
> profile of an ICC based color transformation into the rasterfile handled
> over to rastertogutenprint
>
> If yes, which command has to used for doing this ?
>
> Best regards
> Jan-Peter

I have checked the specifications of the CUPS Raster format

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.5/spec-raster.html

It has no place to accommodate an ICC profile. Therefore Ghostscript is
not able to embed an ICC profile in the CUPS Raster output. This means
that Ghostscript has to do the color correction for the job and pass
color-corrected raster data on to rastertogutenprint.

    Till