[Openicc] What is exactly needed: Embedded Profile in CUPS raster !!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Jun 2 10:17:38 PDT 2011

Am 02.06.11, 12:06 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 2 June 2011 11:53, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>> ICC profile selection is a part of the freedom of choice.
>
> *pop* -- please read:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2008-January/msg00861.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice:_Why_More_Is_Less

Thanks, I already read that. However the voices of scared users is
an alarm signal to me, that theories like the linked one does not have to
mean much.

We always had people who want control of their workflow and sometimes had
very specific demands. Ignoring such demands had cost us in the open
source world already years of discussion, why sRGB would not be enough.

Lets go back to discussing on how to enable people.

regards