[Openicc] What is exactly needed: Embedded Profile in CUPS raster !!

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 3 17:16:07 PDT 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 03/06/11 18:45, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
>> "Printer Profile" seemed too much like a "global preset" to me. That
>> said, "Printer Profile" is probably better than the monstrosity I had.
>> I suck at UIs. More suggestions welcome.
>
> Perhaps simply "Color Profile"?

Well it's found in a Color tab so that should mean something. Plus if it says Color Profile, *technically* there isn't just one of those.

If the panel supports mouse overs information, then a sentence description might make it more clear if it needs to be.

The hang up with "Printer Profile" is that it's also a bit misleading. The profile is really a "Print Condition" profile, where a Printer Profile implies a printer is profiled, rather than printer+media+options (a print condition).

*shrug*