[Openicc] What is exactly needed: Embedded Profile in CUPS raster !!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:09:56 PDT 2011

On 6 June 2011 12:55, Jan-Peter Homann <homann at colormanagement.de> wrote:
> May be, you cold use the term "Printer ICC-Profile".

When I asked the designers, only one knew ICC was something to do with
color, and the other person who knew what ICC was seemed to think it
was all about the game of cricket. :-)

> - printer model
> - media type
> - printing quality
>
> it would make sense to display this information e.g
>
> profile metada:
> Printer Model: HP Photosmart B109
> Media Type: HP Photopaper 210g
> Printquality: Best

Makes sense. I have to be careful doing this, as my profile at the
moment is tagged to be used for both Normal and Best, so I'll probably
talk to the designers about how to structure this type of information.

Thanks,

Richard.