[Openicc] colord 0.1.9 released

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Fri Jun 17 07:01:15 PDT 2011

Hello Richard, Robert and all,
So far as I know, we have still an unsolved issue to synchronize the
printer ICC-profile with the driversettings.

My proposed idea to embedd the driver settings as metadata in the
printer ICC-profile and than to embedd the printer ICC-profil into the
output of CUPS ..toraster, so that e.g. "rastertogutenprint" can extract
the driversettings from the rasterfile to print would be not supported
by the CUPS team / Michael Sweet.

Richard, do you think it would make sense, if colord could communicate
with Gutenprint like it communicates with GhostScript ?

As colord seems to able to read / extract metadata from an ICC-profile,
it may makes sense, that colord delivers the driver setup to Gutenprint.

Best regards
Jan-Peter