[Openicc] - CM Framework - Printer Driver - output intent

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon Jun 20 09:35:43 PDT 2011

Hello Mike, hello list

If we are talking about a workflow with PDF/X spool files, where the PDF
output intent is the printer profile with embedded driver settings, we
still have to think about, how to transport the embedded driver setting
to the driver (e.g. Gutenprint).
As Gutenprint needs a raster file as input, I would prefer, that the
output of ..toraster contains has an embedded profile which is identical
to the PDF output intent.

Gutenprint parses the rasterfile for an embedded profile, extracts the
driver settings and is synchronized with the printer profile.

In a former e-mail, you rejected such workflow, without defining a clear
alternative how top transport driver settings to Gutenprint, which are
embedded in the printer profile.

Anything new from you about this topic ?

Best regards
Jan-Peter