[Openicc] - CM Framework - Printer Driver - output intent

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:20:51 PDT 2011

On 21 June 2011 12:55, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> CUPS constructs a filter chain, where the different parts of the chain
> are logically independent.  The Gutenprint CUPS driver merely converts
> CUPS-raster data into printer-specific bits.  If the input is a PDF
> file, CUPS interposes the appropriate filters to convert it to
> CUPS-raster.

Ahh, I've misunderstood then, apologies. I thought there was something
like pstogutenprint. In this case, the way I see colord passing
options to Gutenprint would be by embedding elements from the profile
into the CUPS-raster data. This could probably just be hardcoded, so
that if a GUTENPRINT_PROFILE tag exists in the ICC profile then we
just squirt this xml file into the raster data somehow.

Richard.