[Openicc] [ANNOUNCE] Oyranos Version 0.3.2

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 01:20:02 PDT 2011

Am 21.09.11, 10:00 +0400 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> The new version of the colour management system Oyranos is released.
>> Version 0.3.2 is a feature and bug fix release.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled about the libraw backend. I've read
> http://oyranos-cms.blogspot.com/2010/11/oyranos-and-implicite-profile-selection.html,
> but still don't understand its place in production pipeline. Could you
> please elaborate on it a little?

Oyranos allowes to select a ICC profile for a given device + driver
settings combination. In this sense exists a libraw plug in for Oyranos to
do this for cameraRAW images. The device is identified by Exif
informations and the driver state by its settings of the processing
context. Applications can use this feature through the Oyranos device API
like for other device classes.

> Also, this is probably not the best place for bug reports, but this
> version fails to build on Ubuntu 11.0beta
>
> cc -I./ -I/home/avp/soft/build/graphics/cms/oyranos/oyranos-0.3.2
> -fopenmp -Wno-overlength-strings -I/usr/include -I/usr/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/home/avp/soft/build/graphics/cms/oyranos/oyranos-0.3.2
> -I/home/avp/soft/build/graphics/cms/oyranos/oyranos-0.3.2/API_generated/
> -I/usr/include/libpng12   -Ielektra-0.7.1/src/include
> -I/home/avp/soft/build/graphics/cms/oyranos/oyranos-0.3.2/elektra-0.7.1/src/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include       -I/usr/include/libxml2
> -I/usr/include/libraw    -c -o modules/devices/oyranos_monitor_x11.o
> /home/avp/soft/build/graphics/cms/oyranos/oyranos-0.3.2/modules/devices/oyranos_monitor_x11.c
> /home/avp/soft/build/graphics/cms/oyranos/oyranos-0.3.2/modules/devices/oyranos_monitor_x11.c:30:35:
> fatal error: X11/Xcm/XcmEdidParse.h: No  such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
>
> I haven't managed to find a package that would have this header.
> Installing everything with 'xcm' in it hasn't helped.

libXcm contains that header [1]. It can be found next to the Oyranos
download. Thanks for pointing out.

> The usual thing that developers do is output a summary in the end of
> ./configure to tell what things are found and what things are missing.
> It would be great if you could consider this in your future work.

The configure script does what you describe, but the missed libXcm
dependency is not a fatal error. I will fix that so users can not start
compilation without libXcm being installed.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/oyranos/files/libXcm/