[Openicc] Scarse Profile Library Warning

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Nov 16 08:07:35 PST 2011

Am 16.11.11, 23:31 +1100 schrieb Graeme Gill:
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> Some of the
>> shared-color-profiles/Argyll [5] ‘lcms’ generated profiles from the
>> colord author use in parts the colorimetry of Scarse profiles. The later
>> profiles are not included in the Argyll-1.1.0 source package. These
>> profiles are at risk.
>
> I'm not sure what you are talking about. Profiles provided in ArgyllCMS
> have nothing at all to do with the Scarse project. The sRGB and
> AdobeRGB profiles provided in Argyll were created from the
> relevant standards of those two colorspaces, and as far as I
> am aware are compliant with the relevant standards.

In my language are the later profiles the ones, which are not in the
Argyll-1.1.0 package. So I could not have meant by simple logic any
profile inside the real Argyll package is at risk. Are negations so
unusual in english? Then sorry, the email has no intention to doubt
real Argyll profiles.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe