[Openicc] printer, driver, CUPS, PPD, printing GUI, ICC-profiles, colord, Oyranos, taxi....

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 26 05:31:55 PST 2012

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:27:27 +0100 (CET), Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 25.01.12, 21:28 +0100 schrieb edmund ronald:
>> If the calibration data (presets) are dumped in an XML file, the current
>> Gutenprint iteration should be able to do the job with very little software
>> engineering. Anything else takes us into utopia.
>
> What is the size of a typical Gutenprint XML?

It depends.  Worst case, if you wanted to express a lot of things as
16-bit LUTs, I could see it reaching several megabytes.  More likely, in
the range of 10K, but it's going to depend upon exactly how finely you
want to calibrate things.

Honestly, even several megabytes strikes me as pretty small potatoes
these days.

--Eric Crampton