[Openicc] Actually getting color managed printing to work

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 11:56:57 PST 2012

Richard,

 In much of OUR development usage of the XML we won't have a profile yet,
nor an integrated system. We ourselves run Gutenprint to measure
linearisation step wedges, profile targets, and other such arcana.

So, my suggestion would be that you write the code to embed and to unembed
the XML in profiles, and you task us structure the XML itself in ways which
would help you, but let  us momentarily define a way we can work now with
"naked" XML and no superstructure when no profiles are involved.

Edmund